While creating an account on Amazon or in Windows 7, 8 and 10, some users encounter an error “you cannot sign up for this account because of your incompatible account status.” The users of the Amazon Seller account also encounter this error while trying to login to their account. Amazon sellers use this account frequently to sell millions of products and the situation becomes quite baffling for them. Often the new users also face the error while creating a new account. There may be different reasons for this error. Here, I am discussing all the reasons and their solutions. Let’s move to the list.
Method # 1: Re-login to Account
There is a user profile to log into Windows 7, 8 or 10. It’s stored in the C:\User Name category. You can use this account to change sound settings, pointer setting, screen saver or wallpaper, etc.
Often, you get this error when you logged into a temporary profile instead of a regular profile. So, it may show this error. Simply, log out your account and log in again to resolve this issue.
Method # 2: Sign in Via Windows Pin
If you still face the error, don’t use the login account details furthermore. Sign in via Windows pin instead. It won’t show the error again. Follow the instructions here.
- Right-click to the “Start” button and click “Settings” from the hidden menu.
- Click the “Accounts” category here.
- Now select “Sign-in options” from the left pane.
- Here, select “Windows Pin” to sign in.
- Add pin for signing in to your account and logout from the account.
- Now, use the pin to sign in again. It will fix the error for sure.
Method # 3: Create a New User Account
You can access your system by creating a new user account. However, you can’t access some files created in the previous account. The creation of a new user account can give you access to your system only.
- Right-click to the “Start” button and select “Settings” from here.
- Here, select the “Accounts” option.
- Click the “Family & Other Users” category in the left pane and select “Add another user” from the right pane.
- It will show you an option for sign up. Create a new account and sign in again to it.
Method # 4: Run Check Disk Utility
Check disk utility can detect any error on the hard disk drive and fixes it instantly. Follow the instructions here to run this utility.
- Press “Windows key + R” and type “cmd” in the Run dialog box.
- Type “chkdsk” and press “Enter” to run Check Disk utility.
This utility will check all the drives on the Hard disk and detects the error automatically.
Method # 5: Check Volume Bitmap Error
If you have used the chkdsk utility and it doesn’t fix this error, it means there is no error in the profile. However, there may be an error in the volume bitmap that has made it corrupt. For this, fix the error by running the chkdsk utility for Volume Bitmap.
- Open the Command Prompt (Administrator).
- Type here “chkdsk /f” and press Enter.
- It will show you the volume you are using. Press “Y” for Yes.
- The system will restart automatically to complete the chkdsk process.
- If it again shows the error, use this command for another time and restart the computer manually until you see the message “Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.”
Method # 5: Alter Email ID
If you encounter this error while signing in to Amazon, use an alternative email. It will ensure whether there is an error in Amazon’s internal system or it’s genuinely your account’s error.
Create a new account for Amazon and see if it helps fix this issue.