Mostly, the users of Windows encounter an error known as “Windows Store Error 0x803FB005” when they download from Windows store. Usually, it happens when they download twice or thrice. It also happened to me when I was downloading a social app to my PC. I encountered this error and I fixed it within half an hour permanently.
Let me share the methods I used to fix this error.
Method # 1: Reset Windows Store Cache
Sometimes, there is a glitch in Windows Store cache that’s causing this error. Resetting the cache of Windows Store can fix this error instantly. Follow the instructions below in this context.
- Press “Windows key + R” to open the Run dialogue box.
- Type here “CMD” to launch the command prompt.
- Now, add command “exe” and press “Enter.”
- It’s a built-in program for Windows Store cache that will reset the cache automatically.
- Now, reboot your system and check Windows Store. I am sure, you have fixed the error successfully.
Method # 2: Update Windows Store
The chances are you are using an outdated version of Windows Store. It also causes this error. To fix this error, you need to update your app. Follow the steps below in this context.
- Open the Windows Store.
- On the top right corner, you will see three horizontal dots that’s actually the “Settings” icon. Click this icon and select “Downloads and Updates” from here.
- Now, select “Get Updates” to update the Windows Store.
- Within a few minutes, it will fetch the updates automatically. Once the updates are installed, reboot your system to apply the updates. Now, use the Windows Store for unlimited downloading.
Method # 3: Reset the Non-responding App
There may be an app that’s not responding or that’s not working properly. So, you face this error due to malfunctioning of that particular app. To fix this error, reset that app by following the steps below.
- Go to the “Start” and select “Settings” from here.
- In the Settings menu, click the “Apps” category.
- Now, find the non-responding app from the list.
- Once you click the app, it will show you “Advanced options.” Select this option to move ahead.
- Now, scroll the page to find the “Reset” option. Click once you get it. It will reset the app to fix the error.
Method # 4: Uninstall/Disable Antivirus Program
If you are using a third-party antivirus program, you should disable/uninstall it for some time. It may be interrupting your downloading. That’s why; uninstall or at least disable it for a few hours.
- Open the antivirus program.
- On the Home Page, you will see the option “Disable.” Click this option to disable the functioning of antivirus program.
- Go to the “Control Panel.”
- Select the “Uninstall a Program” option.
- Now, click the antivirus program and select “Uninstall” to delete it from your system.
- Reboot the system and check if the error persists, move to the next method.
Method # 5: Clean Install Windows
Only a few per cent chances are that you can’t fix the error by using the above-given methods. In such a situation, you should clean install Windows to fix the error permanently. It’s a time-consuming, but very effective solution to the problem.