The users of Microsoft Surface Pro 3 tablet often complain that they get error 0xa00f427f while using the audio/video resources. The error doesn’t let them run the media file. It mostly occurs when they try to launch any YouTube video or camera video. There may be an outdated audio/video driver that’s causing this error. Another reason may be the missing of some important Windows updates. Well, our guide here lets you know how to fix the error instantly.
Method # 1: Update Drivers
Sometimes, outdated or corrupt sound drivers can trigger this error. So, make sure; the drivers are updated. To update the drivers, follow the steps below.
- Right-click to the “Start” button and select “Device Manager” from there.
- Now, click the “Audio drivers” category to expand drivers list.
- Right-click every driver in the list and select “Update driver.”
- Now, restart the PC/Microsoft Surface Pro 3 and open the media files. This time, it won’t show the error.
Method # 2: Install Windows Updates
If the above method doesn’t fix the error, check Windows Updates to install the missing ones. If important updates are missing, you may get this error. So, follow the steps below to fix the error by installing Windows Updates.
- Type “Windows Updates” in the search bar and press Enter.
- When the window opens, click “Check for Updates.”
- If some updates are missing, the utility will get and install them automatically.
- Once the updates have been installed, reboot the system.
Open the desired media files and check if you get the sound now.