The users of Windows face the NVIDIA high definition audio no sound error when they want to use the HDMI to play a media file on any other display. So, when you install the update, you get this error. Well, there are several reasons for this error. If you want to fix this problem, follow the instructions given below.
Method # 1: Use Restoro
It’s a quick method to use a third-party tool to fix this error. There may be a corrupt or damaged system file that’s causing this error. So, it’s better for you to use Restoro and fix the error within a few minutes.
- Download Restoro
- Once you have downloaded and installed the tool, click “Start Scan” button to scan your system.
- Within a few minutes, you will get the information regarding the corrupt file. Now, select “Repair” to remove the damages.
Method # 2: Change Audio Output Device
Sometimes, the audio output device is causing this error. So, change the audio output device to fix this problem. Follow the instructions below to perform this action.
- Right click the “Sound” icon on the Notification bar and select “Playback devices” as shown in the image below.
- Now select a device that’s highlighted and click “Set as Default.”
- Now, right-click the “Digital Audio/Monitor/HDMI” and click “Disable” to de-activate it.
- Now, check the audio/video file, it will be working.
Method # 3: Rollback Audio Driver
Often, the updated audio/video driver is causing this error. So, it’s better for you to rollback the audio driver to use the device without error. Follow the steps below to rollback audio driver.
- Right-click the “Start” button and select “Device Manager.”
- Here, the very first category is Audio/video driver. Click to expand the list of audio drivers.
- Right-click the audio driver and select “Properties” from here.
- Now, select “Rollback Driver” category from here.
It will surely fix the problem and you would be able to play your desired media files on any other display.
Method # 4: Update/Re-install Audio Driver
You may be using an outdated audio driver that’s showing the error. Make sure; you have updated or at least re-installed the audio driver. It will fix the error instantly. Follow the steps here in this context.
- Right-click the “Start” button and select “Device Manager” from there.
- In the list of drivers, click the audio drivers to expand the list.
- Here, right-click the audio driver and select “Update Driver” from the list.
- If you see the problem even after this tip, use the same steps and uninstall the currently installed drivers. Then update drivers again.
It will surely fix the issue and you can play your desired audio/video files on any other display.
Method # 5: Enable onboard Sound Device in BIOS
If the onboard sound device is disabled in BIOS, it may be causing this error. Follow the steps below to enable the onboard sound device in BIOS.
- Reboot your PC and keep pressing “Delete” continuously. it will show the BIOS settings.
- Go to the “Onboard Sound Device.”
- The default setting is “Auto” for it. Select “ON” from here.
- Save changes and exit from BIOS menu.
- Now, restart the system again.
This time, you will not notice any error.
Method # 6: Re-install NVIDIA Driver
If the error persists, perform the clean installation of NVIDIA drivers. Follow the steps here to perform this action.
- Download the latest NVIDIA drivers.
- Double-click the .exe file to run it.
- Once, you get the installation options menu, select “Custom (Advanced” and choose “Next” to move ahead.
- Now, select “Perform a clean installation” from here and select “Next.”
Follow the instructions appearing on the screen and the installation process will be over within a couple of minutes.