Every Windows user is familiar with Adobe multimedia products. These products like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, and Adobe PDF Reader, etc come with modern features. The majority of users love Adobe Premiere for video editing because it’s unrivaled software with all video editing tools. Sometimes, users get an error “the file cannot be opened because of a header error” while using Adobe Premiere. It appears when they want to open a certain media file in Adobe Premiere. It may be due to the wrong extension of the file or some other reason
Well, there may be some specific reasons for this error. I am discussing here the causes and their fixes as well.
Method # 1: Change the File Extension
The error often occurs when you try to import an image file to Adobe Premiere. It appears due to the JPEG format of the file. If you encounter this error while importing a JPEG file, change the extension from .JPEG to .PNG. Follow the steps here to change the extension of the file.
- Go to the “File Explorer.”
- Click on the “File” option at the top right corner.
- Select “Change folder and search options” from here.
- You will see the options where you need to select the “View” tab and uncheck “Hide extensions for unknown file types.”
- Select “Apply” and “OK” to apply the changes.
- Now go to the directory where you have stored the image files. Change the extensions of all image files from “.jpg” to “.png.” If it doesn’t fix the error, change the format to “.psd.” Now import the images.
Method # 2: Change Color Mode to RGB
Adobe Premiere is very sensitive to color modes. It accepts only RGB color mode. So, whenever you try to import an image in any other color mode, Adobe Premiere shows an error message. So, make sure the image files are in RGB color mode. Follow the directions here to change the color mode.
- Open Adobe Photoshop
- Import the image file.
- Click on the Image
- Go to the “Mode” option.
- Here, select “RGB Color.”
- Save the file. Now, see if it fixes the error.
Method # 3: Repair Tools
If none of the above methods work to fix the error, you can use the Reimage Plus to repair files.
- Click here to download the “Reimage Plus” tool.
- Install and run it to repair the corrupt or damaged files.