Malwarebytes is a famous program to detect malicious malware in the system. It effectively identifies all malicious software and removes them from the system. Sometimes, it behaves awkwardly and shows the High CPU usage problem. There are different causes of this issue. I have discussed below all of them along with the fixes. Let’s move to the list of the fixes to resolve this error permanently.
Method # 1: Uninstall the Antivirus Tool
If you are using a third-party antivirus tool in Windows 7, 8 or 10, it may be interrupting and showing the error. So, the best way to fix the error is to uninstall the antivirus tool. Follow the steps below.
- Press “Windows key + R” to open the Run dialogue box.
- Type here “control.exe” to launch the Control Panel menu.
- Now, select “Uninstall a Program” from the “Programs” category.
- Here, select the antivirus program and click “Uninstall.”
- It will uninstall the program. Reboot your system and check the CPU Usage. This time, it will not show high usage.
Method # 2: Performa a Clean Install of Malwarebytes
The majority of users claim that they have fixed this error by performing a clean installation of Malwarebytes. There may be a corrupt registry of this software that’s causing this issue. You can clean install the program to fix the High CPU Usage problem. Follow the steps below to perform a clean install of Malwarebytes.
- Press the “Windows key + R” to launch the Run dialogue box.
- Type here “regedit” and press Enter to open Registry Editor.
- Now open the “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE” from here.
- Go to the “SOFTWARE” category.
- Now, select “Malwarebytes Anti-Malware” from the list.
- Once you get the ID of Malwarebytes, you can uninstall the program.
- Now, install the Malwarbytes from the scratches to fix this error.
Method # 3: Stop the Malwarbytes Services from Task Manager
If the error persists, stop the Malwarebytes services from Task Manager. Follow the steps here to perform this action.
- Press “Windows key + R” to launch Run dialogue box.
- Now, type here “services.msc” and press Enter to launch the Task Manager.
- Right-click to the “Malwarebytes” service and select “End Task” from here.
- It will stop the service of this malware program and you will not see the high CPU usage any more.