Many users have reported an error like high disk usage up to 100%. Some users got this error after installing an update KB3201845 whereas; many users got this error from C:\Windows\Temp\WPR_initiated_DiagTrackAotLogger_WPR System Collector.etl.
It’s actually an optional service in Windows that’s known as Diagnostic Tracker service. It monitors and tracks Windows activities and doesn’t affect the running apps and programs. Basically, Microsoft collects the diagnostic information regarding Windows to improve the OS. Sometimes, it shows an error like High Disk usage up to 100% in some machines. Well, there are several fixes you can apply to get rid of this error.
Method # 1: Disable Windows DiagTrack Service
The first thing you can do is to disable Windows DiagTrack service. For this purpose, you don’t need to take too many steps. Follow the process given below.
- Go to the Search bar and type “Command Prompt.” When it appears in the list, right-click to it and select “Run as Administrator.”
- In Command Prompt, type the following command and press “Enter” key.
“wmic service where name=’diagtrack’ call ChangeStartmode Disabled”
Method # 2: Disable Windows DiagTrack Service from Services
If the error persists, disable this service from the services console. Follow the steps below in this connection.
- Press “Windows + R” keys to launch the Run dialogue box. Type here “services.msc” and press Enter to launch Services.
- Here, look for Diagnostic Tracking service. Right-click to it and select “Disable” from the context menu.
- It will temporarily stop this service. Remember, it’s an optional service that doesn’t affect your apps and the current functions.
Method # 3: Disable Windows Performance Recorder
It’s another built-in program and it may be causing to spike the high CPU usage. So, disable this program to fix this error. Follow the steps below in this context.
- Press “Windows + R” keys to open “Run” and type here “cmd” to launch the Command Prompt.
- Now, type here the command “wpr -cancel” and press Enter.
- It will disable the Windows Performance Recorder for the time being. When you boot up the system for the next time, it will start automatically.
- Now, check the CPU usage to know whether you have fixed the error successfully.