Discord is an immensely popular app for gamers. They add different bots to it to manage their games in a proper way. Currently, the majority of Discord users encounter an error “discord stops working in game.” Due to this error, some features of Discord becomes disabled and they can’t use important features like Mic, audio and overlay, etc. But the users are unable to fix it because no one knows how does it occur. Well, if you also encounter this error in Discord, you are at the right platform. I am going to list different methods to fix this error.
Method # 1: Allow Discord to Use Your Microphone
If your Microphone is not working, you can use the built-in microphone in your system. Follow the steps below to do so.
- Right-click to the Start and select “Settings” from here.
- In Settings, click “Privacy.”
- Now, scroll down and select “Microphone” to open its features.
- Click “Enable” to give access to Discord to your Microphone.
- Now, open Discord and check if the microphone works.
Method # 2: Disable Discord Overlay
If the error has affected the Overlay, you need to disable it in Discord. Follow the steps here in this context.
- Open Discord and select “User Settings.”
- Now, click to the “Overlay” in the left pane.
- In the right pane, disable the “in-game Overlay.”
- Now, you will not face this error anymore.
Method # 3: Run Discord with Administrator Power
If you encounter this error, you can fix it by running Discord as an Administrator. It’s will resolve the microphone and overlay issues in Discord. Follow the steps below to run Discord as an Administrator.
- Open the “.exe” file of Discord in your PC.
- Right-click to the “.exe” file and select “Properties.”
- Here, open the “Compatibility” tab.
- You will see here “Run this program as an administrator” option. Check this option and click “OK” to apply the changes.
- Now, you will not encounter this error anymore.
Method # 4: Update Sound Driver
You may encounter this error because of the outdated sound drivers. You can fix it by updating the sound driver in the PC.
- Right-click to the Start and select “Device Manager” from here.
- Now, click the “Sound” category to view the driver.
- Right-click the driver and select the “Update driver” option.
That’s it. Now, you can run Discord without errors.