Many Windows users complain that they encounter an error message known as the “CX_Freeze Fatal” error. Some users get this error when they click on the Cortana button. Others encounter this error while opening a game. It’s not associated with a specific version of Windows. The error can occur in Windows 7, XP, Windows 8, or 10.
Well, I also encountered this error while opening an app in Windows 10. Luckily, after applying a few tricks, I was successful to fix this error. Here, I would like to share the tricks I used to fix this error. Follow the methods below and enjoy an error-free Windows.
Method # 1: Update Drivers
It may appear due to outdated drivers. You can fix this error by updating the drivers. Follow the steps below to update the drivers.
Right-click to the “Start” button and select “Device Manager” from here.
- Click the “Display adapters.”
- Right-click its driver and select “Update driver.”
Updating drivers will surely fix this error and you can enjoy an error-free Windows.
Method # 2: Re-install the Game (On Steam)
It’s common to encounter this error while using steam. If it happens, reinstall the game. Follow the steps below in this context.
- Launch “Steam” client.
- In the horizontal menu, you will see the “Library” option. Click to it.
- Now, locate the game that’s causing this error.
- Right-click to the game and select “Uninstall” from the context menu.
- Select “Delete” when the confirmation message appears.
- Once the game is uninstalled, re-start the Steam client.
- Open the Windows Play Store and download the same game in the Steam.
- Now, you can run the game without error.
Method # 3: Restart PC in Safe Mode
Restart PC in Safe mode to troubleshoot the error. Follow the instructions below in this context.
- Go to the Start button. Right-click to it and select “Settings.”
- Here, click “Update and Security” option.
- Now select “Restoration” from here.
- Under the “Advanced Start”, you will see “Restart Now” option. Click this option.
- When you restart, you will see the “Choose Option” screen. Click “Troubleshooting” from here.
- Now, select “Advanced Options.”
- Here, click “Startup Settings.”
- Select the option “Restart.”
- When it’s restarted, it will start in the standard mode.
- Hopefully, it will fix the issue.
Method # 4: Resolve the Missing AutoDesk Files
The last method you can apply to fix this error is to resolve the missing autodesk files. If some essential AutoDesk files are missing, you will encounter this error. Follow the steps here to fix this error.
- Press “Windows + R” keys to launch Run dialogue box.
- Type here “%APPLOCALDATA%\Autodesk\webdeploy\meta\streamer” and press Enter.
- Now, right-click to the “Streamer” in Meta category and select “Delete” option.
- The folder will be removed from your system.
- Now, restart the AutoDesk. It will automatically updated on restart.
- Now, open AutoDesk and this time, it will behave normally.